The Four Pillars Australian [Gin] Open Asia: a cocktail competition across six of the region's greatest cities.
After going through masses of exceptional entries, we are pleased to announce the regional finalists of this year's competition!
HO CHI MINH
- WINNER: Phu Nguyen, Irusu Lounge
- Tran Quang Hong Phat, Telephone Speakeasy
- Nguyen Minh Hoang, ATM cocktail bar
- Pham Nguyen Khanh Hu’ng, Layla
- Ngo Cam Bich Chau, Stoker
- Tran Le Tuan Anh, Park Hyatt Saigon
- Le Van Hoai, Air360 bar
- Lu Minh Luan, Corked Tale
- WINNER: Joshua Pang, MO Bar @ Mandarin Oriental
- Mel Chavez, Tippling Club
- Frank Hu, Manhattan Bar
- Wakana Murata, Alchemist
- Monica Koo, Fat Prince
- Sylvia Chong, ATLAS
- Joe Alessandroni, Junior the Pocket Bar
- Joel Poon, The Other Room
- Mark Ng, Junior the Pocket Bar
- WINNER: Pailin Sajjanit, 008 Bar
- Gabriel Gliga, Havana Social
- Pitchayapong Joongklang, Bamboo Bar Mandarin Oriental
- Dedsakda Thianthong, Vesper Cocktail Bar
- Kanokorn Uparakkitanon, Penthouse bar Park Hyatt
- Chakkrit Yutkrathok, Vertigo TOO Banyan tree BKK
- Kirataya Potisarn, Q&A bar
- Saharat Kaekwon, #findthelockerroom
- WINNER: Heather Cheng, Duddells
- Wycei Wong, Room 309
- Arlene Wong, The Pontiac
- Simon Gilligan, Employees Only
- Nicola Ho, Artyzen Club
- Lo Pak Hong, Quinary
- Amir Javaid, John Anthony
- Victoria Chow, The Woods
- WINNER: Rie Hidaka, The Bar at Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
- Naoya Ohtake, Bar Masq
- Koji Esashi, Spirits Bar Sunface
- Shuji Akiya, Bar Vie Lembranca
- Yamauchi Ryota, , Bar Aoimachi Irashi
- Hiroshi Ichikawa, Bar Jeremiah
- Fukami Toshihiro, Hacienda del Cielo
- Naito Yamamoto, Bar Amber
- WINNER: Satoshi Sugiura, The Odd Couple
- Chen Yu’an, Mairang Whiskey Bar
- Yao Lio, Union Trading Co.
- Gary Hu, The Middle House
- Joe Heruela, Shake
- Kwan Ka Kui, Highline
- Peter Chen, Xin Tian Di Polux
- Julia Markina, Osteria
This competition challenges you; our friends and lovers in the great bars of Asia; to turn our gin into your gin drinks.
Four Pillars Australian [Gin] Open is a cocktail competition with a number of stages, starting with you submitting one fabulous drink made with our award-winning Rare Dry Gin. Check out the FULL ENTRY DETAILS and all ENTRY FORMS here.
It begins in each participating city and culminates in a Grand Final in which each Regional Finalist competes to become the Four Pillars Australian [Gin] Open Winner.
You'll be judged on a number of criteria including concept, engagement and appeal - so get creative!
You make the drinks, we drink them. And in the end, two of Asia’s greatest bartenders win the trip of a lifetime to make their very own gin with us in Australia, before being taken on an exploratory tour of the very best that Melbourne and Sydney has to offer – from cool underground bars right up to climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
This is a competition for creative, ambitious and fun-loving bartenders. So get your thinking and drinking caps on right now and start getting creative with Australia’s No.1 gin.
This year we will be coming to Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City.
Submissions open WEDNESDAY 13 FEBRUARY. Submissions close FRIDAY 15 MARCH. Contestants will need to be available for the dates for their regional finals and grand finals should they get through. Please see all important dates listed below, and email us if you have any questions.
REGIONAL FINAL WINNERS WILL RECEIVE...
- Travel to Singapore for the Grand Final on Wed 8 May
- Three nights accomodation in Singapore, Wed 8 - Fri 10 May
- VIP tickets to the Asia 50 Best award ceremony on Thursday May 9, where Four Pillars is the Official Gin Partner for the first time
- Tickets to the opening night of the Singapore Cocktail Festival Village, sampling the drinks at some of the best brand stands in the business in the company of many of the region’s finest bartenders
THE TWO BARTENDER CROWNED AUSTRALIAN [GIN] OPEN ASIA CHAMPIONS WILL ALSO RECEIVE...
- An all-expenses-paid week-long trip to Australia. You'll distill your very own gin with Head Distiller Cameron Mackenzie at Four Pillars Distillery in the Yarra Valley. Then we will take you on an exploratory tour of the very best that Melbourne and Sydney has to offer – from cool underground bars right up to climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- A profile piece in DRiNK Magazine, showcasing you and your winning drink.
- A drink showcase where your winning drink will be available on the Four Pillars booth during the Friday night session of Singapore Cocktail Festival
Who wouldn’t want to compete for that...??
Wednesday 13 February
Friday 15 March
REGIONAL FINALISTS ANNOUNCED:
Friday 22 March
Bangkok Regional Final:
Thursday 28 March
Ho Chi Minh Final:
Monday 1 April
Singapore Regional Final:
Thursday 4 April
Shanghai Regional Final:
Monday 8 April
Hong Kong Regional Final:
Wednesday 10 April
Tokyo Regional Final:
Thursday 11 April
Wednesday 8 May