Another cocktail with foraged and locally sourced ingredients by Trolley’d boys Christopher Thomas and Byron Woolfrey. Lemon myrtle is the star of this cocktail - flora which can be found in parks and gardens nationwide.
- 10-15 lemon myrtle leaves
- Boiled water
- 250g sugar
- 5 lemons
- Four Pillars Navy Strength Gin
- Sparkling mineral water
- Pick lemon myrtle leaves, give them a wash, pour over 250ml boiled water, leave to steep to create your myrtle tea
- Peel the rind of five lemons, cover with 250g sugar, muddle then sit to rest and draw out the lemon oil
- Mix the myrtle tea with the lemon sugar and strain.
- Juice the lemons then use 30ml lemon juice, 30ml myrtle sherbet and 30ml Four Pillars Navy Strength Gin
- Shake with ice, pour into a tall glass and top with sparkling water
- Garnish with myrtle leaf
Recipe and specs by Trolley'd