A citrusy sipper with subtle warming notes of chilli and ginger, made from our beautiful delicate Pure Kisumé Gin.
“A toasty, crunchy rim of Japanese Gomashio sesame salt gets the mouth watering immediately”
- 60mL Pure Kisumé Gin
- 15mL lime juice
- 15mL Junmai Sake
- 15mL chilli & ginger syrup
- Gomashio (toasted sesame salt mix)
- Pickled chilli to garnish
- Chill an Old Fashioned glass
- Combine gin, juice, sake and syrup in a shaker with ice and shake
- Coat the rim of the glass in Gomashio and fill with ice
- Strain the cocktail into the glass, and drop in the pickled chilli 'ghost'
For the chilli & ginger syrup...
- Seeds of 10 medium-hot long red chillies
- 5g salt
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 500mL water
- 500g sugar
- Boil the water
- Remove from the heat and steep seeds, salt and ginger in the water for one hour
- Strain off liquid, reheat and add sugar
- Makes just under 1L of syrup that will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge