Have you decided to join enter the Australian [Gin] Open Asia? How exciting! Scroll down to find all entry requirements, find the links to our entry forms (in English, Mandarin and Japanese) and read through our judging criteria.
TO ENTER YOU WILL NEED TO...
Submit one cocktail, that must contain a minimum 30ml of Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin. We will need your drinks specs, name, and an image of your drink.
The Top Eight bartenders from each city will then be selected to attend their local Regional Final. Here they will be required to make TWO drinks live in front of a panel of judges.
Contestants will need to make:
1. Their Rare Dry Gin drink created for their competition entry
2. Another drink that must use a minimum 30ml of any other Four Pillars gin available in their market
Bartenders must be available to attend the Regional Final for their region as per the advertised date (detailed below).
The winner from each Regional Final will then be flown to Singapore compete in the Grand Final on Wednesday 8 May, where the final two winners will be announced.
ENTRIES HAVE CLOSED FOR OUR 2019 AUSTRALIAN [GIN] OPEN.
THE REGIONAL FINALS AND GRAND FINAL WILL BE JUDGED OUT OF A TOTAL OF 90 POINTS...
Each bartender will have 10 minutes to make two of each of their drinks (four drinks total). Two drinks will be for the judges and two drinks for photography.
- Drink (60 points)
- Taste/aroma (30)
- Presentation (15)
- Concept/creativity (15)
- Presentation (30 points)
- Drinks presented within the time limit (10)
- Judge and crowd engagement (10)
- Brand knowledge and understanding (10)
If you progress to the Grand Final, there is an opportunity to score an extra 10 points for marketing your drink in the lead up to the Grand Final. The maximum number of points for marketing is 10. These can be achieved in the following ways:
- List your drink on the menu in your venue – 5 points
- Post an image of your drink from your personal or work Instagram account – 1 point per post
The maximum number of points that can be awarded for marketing is 10.
- Bartenders entering the Australian [Gin] Open must be at least 18 years of age at the time they enter the competition
- There is a limit of one entry per person
- Bartenders who progress to the Regional Finals must be able to attend the Regional Final on the advertised date. If they cannot, they forego their opportunity to progress in the competition
- Bartenders who progress to the Grand Final must be able to travel to Singapore for the Grand Final on the advertised date. If for any reason they cannot attend, the second place holder will be invited in their place
Bartenders who progress to the live finals (Regional and Grand Final) are required to provide all necessary equipment, ingredients, glassware and garnishes for their two (2) Four Pillars cocktails