The Four Pillars Australian [Gin] Open is coming to Asia: a cocktail competition across six of the region's greatest cities.
OUR 2019 AUSTRALIAN [GIN] OPEN ENTRIES HAVE CLOSED. STAY TUNED FOR THE RESULTS, AND FOR OUR 2019 UK COMPETITION!
This competition challenges you; our friends and lovers in the great bars of Asia; to turn our gin into your gin drinks.
Four Pillars Australian [Gin] Open is a cocktail competition with a number of stages, starting with you submitting one fabulous drink made with our award-winning Rare Dry Gin. Check out the FULL ENTRY DETAILS and all ENTRY FORMS here.
It begins in each participating city and culminates in a Grand Final in which each Regional Finalist competes to become the Four Pillars Australian [Gin] Open Winner.
You'll be judged on a number of criteria including concept, engagement and appeal - so get creative!
You make the drinks, we drink them. And in the end, two of Asia’s greatest bartenders win the trip of a lifetime to make their very own gin with us in Australia, before being taken on an exploratory tour of the very best that Melbourne and Sydney has to offer – from cool underground bars right up to climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
This is a competition for creative, ambitious and fun-loving bartenders. So get your thinking and drinking caps on right now and start getting creative with Australia’s No.1 gin.
This year we will be coming to Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City.
Submissions open WEDNESDAY 13 FEBRUARY. Submissions close FRIDAY 15 MARCH. Contestants will need to be available for the dates for their regional finals and grand finals should they get through. Please see all important dates listed below, and email us if you have any questions.
REGIONAL FINAL WINNERS WILL RECEIVE...
- Travel to Singapore for the Grand Final on Wed 8 May
- Three nights accomodation in Singapore, Wed 8 - Fri 10 May
- VIP tickets to the Asia 50 Best award ceremony on Thursday May 9, where Four Pillars is the Official Gin Partner for the first time
- Tickets to the opening night of the Singapore Cocktail Festival Village, sampling the drinks at some of the best brand stands in the business in the company of many of the region’s finest bartenders
THE TWO BARTENDER CROWNED AUSTRALIAN [GIN] OPEN ASIA CHAMPIONS WILL ALSO RECEIVE...
- An all-expenses-paid week-long trip to Australia. You'll distill your very own gin with Head Distiller Cameron Mackenzie at Four Pillars Distillery in the Yarra Valley. Then we will take you on an exploratory tour of the very best that Melbourne and Sydney has to offer – from cool underground bars right up to climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- A profile piece in DRiNK Magazine, showcasing you and your winning drink.
- A drink showcase where your winning drink will be available on the Four Pillars booth during the Friday night session of Singapore Cocktail Festival
Who wouldn’t want to compete for that...??
Wednesday 13 February
Friday 15 March
REGIONAL FINALISTS ANNOUNCED:
Friday 22 March
Bangkok Regional Final:
Thursday 28 March
Ho Chi Minh Final:
Monday 1 April
Tokyo Regional Final:
Thursday 11 April
Shanghai Regional Final:
Monday 8 April
Hong Kong Regional Final:
Wednesday 10 April
Singapore Regional Final:
Thursday 4 April
Wednesday 8 May